1. Request copies of the contractor’s occupational license, contractor license and certificate of insurance.
2. Confirm the contractor has obtained the necessary county or city permits.
3. Obtain a signed contract detailing the services to be completed by the contractor.
4. Be cautious of requests for large down payments.
5. To verify your contractor has obtained the necessary Brevard County Building Permits, you can contact (321) 633-2072 or https://acaweb.brevardcounty.us/CitizenAccess/.
6. To verify your contractor has the necessary Brevard County Licenses, you can contact (321) 633-2058.
7. To verify Florida Professional Licenses, you can contact (850)-487-1395 or visit their website at: www.myfloridalicense.com.