NR 14-19 2014 Special Olympics Law Enforcement Torch Run
The 2014 Special Olympics Law Enforcement Torch Run will be held on Friday, April 25th. Please join fellow law enforcement officers, as we run (or bike) together for a great cause. The public is welcome to join in the run as well. Law Enforcement Torch Run hats and t-shirts commemorating the event will be on sale at each leg of the race with all proceeds from the event going to Special Olympics Florida. We hope you can join us for this worthy cause! Below is a schedule for each leg of the run:
- Palm Bay Leg- Starting at 7:00 am, in the front parking lot of Palm Bay City Hall located at 120 Malabar Road, Palm Bay and running to the Publix, located at 1150 Malabar Road (2 miles).
- West Melbourne Leg- Starting at 8:30 am, at Calvary Chapel located at 2955 Minton Road, and running to the West Melbourne Police Department located at 2290 Minton Road, West Melbourne (1 mile).
- Melbourne Leg- Starting at 9:30 am, at the Brevard County Sheriff’s Office South Precinct located at 1515 Sarno Road and running to Apollo Boulevard, then Babcock, and ending at the Melbourne Publix located at 1411 S. Babcock Street (3 miles).
- Cocoa Beach Leg- Starting at 11:30 am, at McDonald’s located at 3920 N. Atlantic Avenue, and ending at Publix, located at 2007 N. Atlantic Avenue (1 mile).
- Rockledge Leg- Starting at 12:30 pm, at Publix, located at 1880 U.S. 1, Rockledge and running to Springwood Estates in Rockledge, located at 951 Eyster Boulevard (2 miles).
- Titusville Leg- Starting at 2:30 pm, at Publix located at 3265 Garden Street, and end Sand Point Park located at 101 N. Washington Avenue (2 miles).
- Jail Leg- Starting at 3:30 pm, at the Parrish Medical Center located at 5005 Port St. John Parkway and end at the Jail Complex parking lot located at 860 Camp Road (2 miles)
A copy of the flyer for the 2014 Special Olympics Law Enforcement Torch Run is attached to this news release.